A carer is anyone who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support.
We want every carer to be recognized, supported and offered services to support them maintain their own health and well-being.
How can we help?
We offer one to one care services in Enfield for the daily activities that may not be as easy as they were before.
Family members and friends cannot always be there so we take great pride in making sure that your dedicated care worker is the next best thing. Because it begins with trust, only the most trusted and enthusiastic people are selected to work for Carers Trust Lea Valley Crossroads Care Service.
Our dependability, quality of care and accountability have earned us a high level of trust from our clients, their family members and friends. We also work closely with our colleagues in health and social care and other voluntary organizations.
Whatever your situation you may take comfort that as a charity we are here for you, not for profit.
What care services do we offer in Enfield?
Our care plans are individually designed creating a service that reflects the needs of both you as the carer and the person or people you care for.
Being flexible means that:
- We can provide respite care when you need it
- Support can be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Our service is designed with Carers in mind and your needs at the heart of all we do.
We can provide a wide range of care services in Enfield that compliment the support of family and professionals and deliver it in your home. All services and activities are tailored to the needs of the carer and the person they care for including:
- Planning visits outings and trips and escorting to appointments and classes
- Social visits and companionship
- Supporting mobility
- Help around the home such as meal preparation and light housework
- Sleeping and disturbed night care
- End of life care
- Helping with personal care including washing, dressing and continence
- Supporting those living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia
As experts in professional, regulated respite care we are regulated by the Care Quality Commission who assess the services we provide as Good. We also have been assessed by the Carers Trust and are proud of being awarded their Quality Mark.
Do you care for a young person or young adult with additional needs aged 16 to 25 years?
We can support parents and carers of young people and adults aged 16 to 25 who have learning, physical or other additional needs with the transition from children’s to adult services. The young person may be leaving school and considering college, day center or training or preparing to move to new accommodation. We can help with this important transition by:
- Meeting with you at home or elsewhere and listening to your concerns
- Providing free and independent information and advice and advocacy services which may include:
- Attending meetings with professionals or negotiating educational placements and/or care packages
- Preparing letters or emails on your behalf or assisting you with writing your own
- Discussing options that may be available including challenging decisions and making formal complaints
Whatever your care needs we can help. Find out more to our blog post–>Transition Project 14-25
What will it cost?
In the past we received funding from the London Borough of Enfield to assist Carers within the Enfield community. This funding has now CEASED and there is no longer a free service for residents in the London Borough of Enfield. London Borough of Enfield take the view that those with care needs including respite should be assessed for a Direct Payment. If you are a Carer for someone you may be entitled to request a Carers Assessment from the Enfield Carers Center who can advise if your Cared for would benefit from a reassessment of their needs.
For Those Paying for care from either their own resources, Direct Payment or other source.
For those existing private clients we will currently honor the existing rate that their care package has been agreed on. For all new work agreed from 30th October 2017 our pricing structure will be based on a minimum charge of £17.50 per hour but packages vary and you are advised to call the office on 020 8373 6210 and discuss your care needs for accurate costing as some specialist services can cost more whilst other hourly rates are below £17.50 per hour.
We want you to get the care services you need and always will build any package of care has you and those you care for needs at its heart, so let’s talk soon to identify the kind of service you need and how we can meet it.